Terms & Conditions
John the Computer Man (hereunder referred as the Company.) agrees to maintain their computer(s) in normal working order in accordance with the conditions applying to the type of agreement.
Maintaining the computer for the purposes of this agreement means maintaining the computer in normal working order.
The Company will provide the maintenance at the Client’s site as agreed by on the terms of the agreement. If the computer equipment is relocated to a new site, the Client shall inform the company of the new location. If the location is outside the Service Centre operating boundaries, the Company shall have the right to make a mileage surcharge for the call, or charge an additional premium to hire a subcontractor.
The company will provide the maintenance at an off-site location provided by consent from the Client, whether verbal or written. If the Client’s location is outside the Service Centre operating boundaries, the Company shall have the right to charge an additional premium to hire a subcontractor and/or an additional premium for distance travelled.
There is provision on the Invoice for the Client to agree to consent to remove equipment from site and to agree to the Terms & Conditions printed on the reverse of the invoice as well as on this website, whichever is newer.
Misuse or Neglect
Damage to the equipment, due to misuse, theft, neglect, accident, tempest, fire, flood, earthquake, or similar cause is in no circumstance covered by this agreement. Insurance policies need to be taken out by the Client prior to work carried out and is the responsibility of the Client to ensure the work is covered.
Availability of Components
The Company does not accept responsibility for any repair or any delay in carrying out repairs caused by “difficult to source parts”, but will always endeavour to respond promptly and effectively.
The Company shall be entitled to cancel this agreement forthwith should any adjustment or service attention be carried out, except by an engineer employed or approved by the Company.
The Company will attempt promptly and effectively for calls for service. It will be under no liability for the loss or damage of any description (computer data included) resulting on the Company’s negligence or failure to act promptly.
Time of Service
The Company will carry out service at the request of the Client and only during hours that are reasonably practical.
Termination of Service Agreement
If the agreed agreement is being paid monthly by the Client and for some reason the payments stop, the agreement will terminate.
Modification or Transfer of Agreement
The terms and conditions of this agreement cannot be altered except by written agreement with the Company. Nor is the agreement transferable except with the written consent of the Company.
Backing up data
The Company will make every effort to preserve the Client’s data however it should be noted that there are NO GUARANTEES whatsoever that the Clients data and files will remain intact after the repairs. It is therefore the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that all the data and information stored on the computer equipment requiring repairs is appropriately backed up to other storage devices prior to handing over for repairs.
Charges will be incurred if The Company has to perform a lengthy backup procedure to protect the Clients own data in order to complete the repairs.
The Company cannot be held responsible for the following during the repairs:
- Loss or corruption of data, files, information or records;
- Any loss of business goodwill
- Any losses attributed to the interruption to business activity while equipment is out of service for repairs
- Failure by the Client to follow our reasonable recommendations, instructions and advice to back up data
- Any losses you may suffer arising from failure to use anti-virus software
- Any loss considered to be unforeseeable
- Damage resulting from viruses or other malicious software that may have been transmitted during servicing or repairs and therefore escaped detection
- The rate is charged on a per hour basis (or part thereof.) Currently, this is currently £45 for domestic customers in the Hastings area and £60 for businesses. Additional charges may be added for out of area and out of normal working hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm)
- Strictly net 7 days from date of invoice date. We have the right to add an additional charges to the total invoice for each day of non-payment.
- Bank transfer preferred to: Sort code: 40-23-18 Account: 12109174
- IBAN: GB02MIDL40231812109174
- In person, secondary preferred method is by card reader.
Hastings area is defined as within a 10 mile radius of Hastings, East Sussex.